Friday 24 January 2020

Love, lost.


A thirst as great as the world
A hunger as vast as the sky
Is the lull in my being as we part

As the yellow sun turns crimson
As the naïve dew drop steps into the sun
I walk out expecting the rain, only to burn

Every time I lay my eyes on you, it’s like the sky itself parts
Every time I hear your voice, it’s like lava erupts
Expressions are not my forte, I’m not blessed like nature

The sun breeds jealousy for he kisses you every morn
The wind is fortunate that it ruffles your hair every eve
But the night speaks to me, as I’m melancholic as the moon

Fated to behold from afar but never touch
Fated to reflect but never show
The moon speaks to me and mine

The earth bears your every being in my place
The rain washes away the those tears I could always tear away
But the storm, it speaks to me; always appreciated, never reciprocated

I’m reminded of the thirsty wave, forever grasping at the feet of the shore
I’m reminded of the limping wind that dies out with want of a tree to dance with
Always longing, never belonging, forever in the red heat, searching

No comments:

Post a Comment